We all know our pets are curious by nature…they can’t help themselves.
But we can help them by following these simple below steps:
- Don’t leave extension cords or phone cords trailing on carpets or floors. This is also a trip hazard but it might be too good to resist for pets that looking for something to chew on.
- Before leaving your home, always ensure that all cords and portable chargers are put away safely.
- Ensure that all loose electrical cords out of sight behind appliances.
- Unplug all electrical cords that are reachable in the room that you leave your young pet unsupervised in. Remember, they are curious by nature.
- Don’t allow your pet(s) to a nap behind electrical appliances such as heaters, dryers, etc.
- Take the time to get to know your pet and learn about their behaviors. What happens when you leave them at home by themselves?
Purchase or Invest in Pet-proof cords with a bitter substance to discourage your buddy from chewing.
Keep Your Loyal Friend Safe
Remember, electrical shock should is not the only issue when it comes to wires and pet safety. If you have multiple cable cords entangled with each other, your pet might get wrapped up in them and get injured.
Keep your loyal friend safe today and always.